Lol, I’ve gotten alot more ornery as I’ve gotten older, and more things bother me now than they used to. Here’s a quick list of the top 5 things that annoy me today.
1. Casual cursing. Now, cursing in the heat of the moment doesn’t bug me. I actually catch myself doing that too. But it’s the cursing that’s part of a person’s normal everyday vernacular that REALLY irks me. Like, “Wanna go shopping or s***?” or “Your puppy is cute as f***!” etc. I just cringe at this and I’ve been seeing it ALOT on TikTok and that’s my biggest turn-off about that app. The cursing is out of control there.
2. Adding sugar to naturally sweet foods. My in-laws do this and it makes me crazy! I love fruit and their natural taste. Just love it. My kid does too. But my in-laws will never serve any fruit unless they dump a ton of extra sugar on top of it first. Kills me. Feels ruined!
3. Ambiguous invitations. I start sweating when I get that text “Hey what are you doing on Friday?” Because there’s always an implicit invitation coming next, depending on how you answer. Lol, but my answer DEPENDS on what your invitation turns out to be! For example, before I tell you if I’m busy or not, I kinda need to know FIRST if your question is going to be “Can you watch my 2 bratty kids so I can go out for hot wings?” vs “Wanna go out and eat hot wings with me?”
4. Not returning the shopping cart after you’re done unloading all your purchases to your trunk. Kills me! Especially when that abandoned shopping cart is taking up a perfectly good parking spot. This is just plain rude and inconsiderate.
5. And finally, the person that doesn’t know how to use the self-checkout. Especially when they are right in front of me. At this point, they really need to get in line for the checker instead. Because I’m usually in a hurry and this situation needs to NOT be holding me up.
And that’s my top 5 for today folks! What do you think? Do I need to lighten up? 🙂
23 Replies to “Top 5 Things that Annoy Me”
Some of us know how to use self-checkout but do not like the concept. I prefer a living human being to interact with when paying for my purchases. Self-checkout contributes to the unemployment problem.
Yes I agree with you. I prefer the normal check-out myself bc I find it more relaxing. But when I’m in a hurry then I’ll do the self-checkout, but my rush makes me especially ornery when someone slow is holding me up. 🙂
Number 3 bugs me the most lol I am known to be a bit anti-social.. I prefer to be home than anything else.. And even when I agree to go somewhere I might end up changing my mind last minute so I hate when ppl ask me what I’m doing next weekend lol I’m always like… “whyyyy!?”
I don’t like slow-moving ppl in general (other than those that are naturally a bit slower moving as it’s not their fault), not just at the self check out!
If you need to chill then I most definitely need to chill out! But I don’t think I need to lol
Lol, I’m kinda anti-social too and so I always prefer to be home as well. BUT I want to be home BY MYSELF and that never happens anymore so I have ZERO alone time ever. So, being home with other people really doesn’t work for me either. 🙁
Number one bothered me before I spent 20 years in jail. It became something I heard all day every day so I’m immune to it now.
Number five drives me crazy and it happens all the time
I hope I’m not hearing it enough to become immune to it too. I’ve been avoiding it pretty well ever since I backed off of tiktok.
We must see different stuff there. I don’t really run into it there
Lol we’re on different algorithms then. I’m on the wine-mom algorithm. 🙂
Not at all. I find those annoying too.
Awesome! Me and you have alot in common. 🙂
Ambiguous invitations and invitations wayyy in advance. If you make a plan with me for two weeks after, I just assume its up for cancelling and will mostly cancel but if you make a plan with me for tomorrow I’m way less likely to cancel. 🙈
The shopping cart thing bugs me too, just walk 10 steps and put it in its correct place!!
I am an impatient person and slow check outs and baggage drops at the airport bother me too. but usually when it’s technology related I don’t get bugged since I know a lot of people struggle with technology. I usually end up helping them out to speed up the process.
Invitations way in advance are the worse for me because I totally FORGET!!! :/
I had to laugh at these, because I get it! They bug the crap out of me, too! And one other thing that was really bothering me this weekend – why can’t I find a decent song on the radio anymore? They’re all being ‘beeped’ because there are so many cuss words! Why do people think that’s so cool? I wish they realized how immature and stupid it made them sound! (Ok..I just realized I’m old. haha!)
YASSSSSS girl! They ruin perfectly good songs now with those unnecessary curse words! I’m with you!
One of my developers entered a bug against my work today for something he was MEANT to have checked and which he did in fact sign off a month ago! Gaaaa
Ah shoot! How are you getting along with this developer now? Did he ever apologize or make up for this? 🙁
These are all valid. You are not alone.
My biggest peeve? Slow moving people in line. They poke around looking for their wallet, or the exact change…or haven’t made up their mind what they want…even after standing in line for 10 minutes. Pokey people are a world-wide problem. ;0)
I agree! And when I’m in a hurry (which is most of the time), this peeves me even worse!
Naaa it’s all good now. I don’t hold grudges and he’s usually very diligent.
1 is definitely an issue. I don’t know why people think a crap mouth is so cool.
Yes having a dirty mouth is one of my least favorite things in the world! Doesn’t even matter what they’re saying, it makes me automatically not like the person anymore.
The way I see it, filthy mouths come from filthy people.