So once upon a time when we were allowed to have social gatherings, one of my favorites dishes to make is my Tomato Garlic Bruschetta appetizer. I always enjoyed making it for others because it always received great compliments and I live for the positive reinforcement.
It’s surprisingly very easy to make as well.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 French loaf
- 4 cups (or 2 lbs) tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup white onion, finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Instructions for preparing the bread:
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Cut the French loaf into thin slices.
- Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of each slice.
- Bake until the surface is lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Instructions for preparing the tomato garlic bruschetta:
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil, stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately or chill.
Instructions for serving the tomato garlic bruschetta:
- Keep the bread and the bruschetta separate from each other prior to serving. This prevents the bread from getting soggy.
- Immediately prior to serving, the bruschetta is to be added to the top of each bread slice.
I bring this tomato garlic bruschetta dish to dinners or to potluck-ish gatherings and everyone always compliments this appetizer. I love it too. I can eat it as a snack.