This dish is another favorite that I like to bring to parties and pot-lucks, because not only is it delicious, but it is easy to make ahead too.
I tend to put more seasoning in this dish than the recipe calls for, since I like spicyness and hotness in my food. So definitely feel free to do the same to suite your tastes better.
Anyhow, here is the recipe. I hope you like it!
- 4 large spinach flour tortillas
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red pepper
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp chipotle or southwestern seasoning (I use “Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend”)
- 4 tbsp chopped green onions
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except tortillas.
- Divide mixture into four.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on each flour tortilla.
- Starting at one end, gently roll each tortilla into a tight tube.
- Wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, unwrap roll, trim edges of tortilla and slice into eight 1-inch slices.
2 Replies to “Spicy Cream Cheese Pinwheels”
My mother used to make these too! You remind me so much of my mother. Now I really want to make this recipe…. It was one of my favorites as a kid and it’s a good finger food for parties.
Hope your daughter is doing well.