This Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is another fave of ours. I usually make it as a side dish to bring to parties, cook-outs, or pot-lucks. It’s a good side dish for events because you can make it ahead of time, it serves alot of people, and it can sit out at room temperature for awhile while everyone chats and grazes. And the real reason why it’s one of my faves is that it is super-EASY, as well as delicious.
Plus, it’s so simple to customize this dish to suite your personal taste. For example, I don’t really like olives or artichoke hearts so I skip them whenever I make this. But you can definitely skip or add whatever you like.
Check out how easy this is!
- 1 pkg fresh cheese tortellini pasta, cooked per package directions
- 1/2 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup olives, green or black
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Pepperocini peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup salami and/or pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 cup dressing, Italian or Ceasar (I prefer the Italian dressing for this)
- Mix all the ingredients above together in a large bowl.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold.
Tip: This dish gets dry pretty quickly when served. So I always bring extra dressing to toss in there if you notice it getting dry. Gives it a quick refresh and fixes the dryness so fast! (Sometimes I toss some pepperocini juice in there too, for the same purpose).
I hope you love this as much as I do!