This Doritos Chicken Casserole is definitely a favorite at home. There aren’t alot of meals here that we ALL enjoy (too many picky-eaters) but this is one of them. It’s also very different. You can’t really find this on any restaurant menu ever.
And yes, you read the title correctly. This casserole’s star ingredient is Doritos.
There’s also multiple delivery methods to serve this Doritos Chicken Casserole. My daughter and I will eat this meal over white rice. While my husband skips the rice and just eats this as a hot tip with chips. So you can try it both ways and see which you prefer.
2 lbs chicken, shredded
1 can, cream of chicken soup
1 can, cream of mushroom soup
1 can, diced Rotel tomatoes – Original
1/2 can, diced Rotel tomatoes – Hot
1 medium onion, diced
3 cups, shredded cheese Monterey Jack or Cheddar
1 bag (16oz) Nacho Cheese flavor Doritos
Optional: white rice
Optional: Tortilla chips for scooping
- Sautee the onions until they are soft
- Combine soups, rotel, and onions in a bowl, stir well
- Spray a 13×9 pan with Pam and coat bottom layer with crushed Doritos
- Layer soup mixture, shredded chicken, shredded cheese in pan
- Layer crushed Doritos on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes
You can serve this Doritos Chicken Casserole over white rice, or serve as a hot dip with Tortilla chips for scooping.