It’s summertime and the kids (me too!) are ready to hit the swimming pools again! We found Thornton’s Pool last summer and everyone loved it.
Thornton’s Pool has been featured on tv and in many articles by now, so you might’ve seen it already on all those extreme pool shows on the television. But here’s a handy link to one such article if you don’t want to search yourself. And if you don’t want to read through all the scoop, here are the highlights:
- This pool is physically in someone’s backyard.
- It is 500,000 gallons of water.
- You can book a pool party here for a donation fee.
- Some features to interact with while there: a swing rope, a diving board, a floating platform, and a waterfall display.
- It is located in Covington TN. If you’re travelling to visit this, then the closest large city will be Memphis TN for your reference. Otherwise, it’s most convenient for persons that live in the area already – Millington/Covington/Raleigh/Bartlett area of TN.
Here are some of the photos I took while I was there last summer:
So, this was a great time and a great destination pool party last summer. And I would highly recommend it. If you want to check it out for yourself, you do need to book a reservation. I think the easiest way to contact them is via their Facebook page.
Summer Pool Party – Shopping Links
[Disclosure: the following links are affiliate links where I may earn a commission on any resulting purchase, at no additional cost to you.]
You might have found yourself on this page if you are looking for pool party destinations or maybe even gathering ideas for a pool party. If that’s the case, below are some ideas of items that might be fun to have at your pool party. Enjoy!